Family meal planning with calendar feature!

Anyone else trying the new FB Plus feature where you can schedule recipes? I’m experimenting with it this week! Here’s my plan: since I have a family of 6, and my teenage kids are picky eaters, I’ve been serving everything buffet style and will keep up with that. I’m also going to modify these recipes based on what’s easy and accessible to me, and what my kids like. I will post my progress each day! First up (yesterday) was this chicken and kale salad recipe:

https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/chicken-and-berry-salad-with-lemon-pepper-dressing

I subbed watermelon for the berries because that’s what we had on hand. Instead of assembling the salad as the recipe calls for, I just put all the ingredients on the counter. I have a routine of putting a veggie platter out at every meal with the kids favorite veggies, so if they don’t like what I have planned, they can just chose their own. So no one in my family but me ate the salad. But I still liked it! The chicken I cooked a little too long so it was a little tough. It’s my fault because I thought I knew better than the recipe. I added a baked potato for my hubby and kids because I knew they would not be satisfied with just veggies and chicken. I did not eat the potatoes because the salad was filling enough for me!

I was pretty happy with how it turned out. I’m looking forward to using this feature to prep weekly meals when I go back to work in 2 weeks!