HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group August 2nd

Hello Blender friends! Firstly, let me just welcome anyone and everyone who reads or posts here and wish you a lovely day.

Last night I made this recipe https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/quick-and-easy-ratatouille-bake using a bunch of veggies from my garden.

It reminded me of the dish in the movie Ratatouille, so I wanted to find a nice quote from that movie for today. And the one that stood out to me was from chef Gusteau : "If you focus on what you left behind, you will never see what lies ahead." I've been stressing about being far from my family in a difficult moment, and about what I should have done differently, and it isn't actually helping anyone. So I'll take this reminder from the chef, that instead of regretting what I can't help (I mean, I really am happy to live where I do) I also need to look forward, and concentrate on what I *can* do, going forward. Or, to put it more broadly, “Don’t let yesterday take up too much of today.” (Will Rogers) This is actually relevant to fitness as well, since you can always do well today, in the present moment, if you allow yourself to be free and mindful.

I'm scheduled for a total-body strength workout, but in view of my stressed-out few days, I'm going to be very present to myself and start my day with a posture and stretching workout or two. Working out the kinks in the neck and shoulders always helps. Then we'll take it from there.

I hope your week is off to a good start.