Bulking Up- Muscle/Fat Question

Hi,

I have been back at Fitness Blender for the past 3.5 months. I did it for 4-5 months a few years ago, and stopped partly because of an inflammed shoulder, and partly because of the same issue I am noticing now.

Instead of getting smaller- I get BIGGER. Now I have been reading about this, and understand that it's common. In some ways- it's good right- it shows that I am building muscle.. But it's also frustrating, as none of my clothes are fitting, mostly in the butt and thighs (shorts that used to have a few inches in the legs moving room, now don't fit over my legs lol.). I am going with summer dresses, elastic waistbands and yoga pants for now.

I am 46 with a healthy BMI. and I eat healthy. I am vegetarian, so I know I need to up the protien, and have been trying too. And it is summer so I do have a bit more ice cream and fruit than normal, but the ice cream is not daily- maybe once a week or every 10 days. So from what I have read is I should keep exercising, moving through it, and the fat will eventually start to move/melt off the muscle...

It's funny as my stomach is usually where I have the excess weight (and it's still there- but its staying steady, whereas the legs are just big!)

Any ideas on timeline? Or any suggestions of ways to continue to support the lean muscle/fat loss? Or is it just time?

I started with FB Low Impact 2, then did Blend (over 5 weeks), and now am just finishing 1 month of FB Fit 2. (over a 5 week period. ). I am getting stronger and I do notice that.. I also try not to overdo it and listen to my body if it needs a break- so am not forcing myself to get the programs done in exact time.

After Fit 2, I am not sure what I will do.. probably something easier.. and maybe even 3-4 times a week, with walking or something else.. Alot of people have recommended strong.

Thanks- I appreciate your advice, thoughts!