Weekend Check-in: Sunday, August 1st

What in the even heck? It's August? WHY does summer go by so quickly? It's like a bored easily hiit workout- over before you know it. (While winter feels like holding an interminable plank!).

At any rate. It's August. And I am neither planking nor hiiting. I may try and get to the LI 2 lower body workout that I rescheduled for today. It's hard to imagine working out when it's still dark outside and I'm sipping my coffee. But for those of you who have had coffee and the sun is shining, what workouts are you doing today? Remember, it's okay to rest too! Your body needs the rest so that you can safely and effectively push yourself on your workout days!

And what are we eating on this August 1st? I made a Mediterranean quinoa salad for lunch yesterday, and I'm really excited to have that again today. But dinner is pasta with broccoli and Italian sausage, and a salad.

One more thing before I let you go. Just a random, get-to-know-you question: If there were zero obstacles holding you back (money, time, a particular talent or skill), what's something you would love to do? My youngest son would be a gymnast specializing in the vault! I would be a Broadway performer (musicals only, please), and I want to be Angelica in "Hamilton", thank you very much! So, Lin-Manuel Miranda, if you're reading this, just know there's a stay at home mom out there who would love to be in your show!

Have a great day!

Edited