Desk Job vs "Active" Job

Hi all Blendies!

Here's the thing : I'm working in a high end macarons/chocolate/cakes/other confectionary items shop as a sales person. So I'm on my feet all day for 7 to 8 hours a day and I have to keep a "perfect" posture (which is a rather good thing?!?) No leaning onto the shop counter, no sloppy outfit/shoes, no chair to sit on even for 5 minutes inside the shop. I squat 100x per day to grab boxes, pivot 200x per day to get my clients' orders ready, bend and rotate my back/torso 200x per day to reach remote corners to grab something or to clean up things... I love my job but at the end of the day I'm totally exhausted with my lower back super stiff and hurting me. So that means no sweaty/demanding workouts afterwards. I only do 30 minutes to 1 hour of Yin Yoga to relax and loosen my tight muscles and dig deep into the couch. Well, sometimes I can squeeze 1 or 2 workouts per week. I'm 42 and I feel that I don't recover as fast as I did during my early years.

I did try to workout consistently (4 to 5 days per week) and it went very well and I was so happy and proud of myself. It was when we were on strict lockdown for months or when I took a 3 week break from work... Once I go back to work full-time, baammm, I'm exhausted!

Now... I had a job interview this morning (a desk job). I thought this new job (if I'm hired) would help me to get my FB workout routines done more easily. My tought is : I'll be sitting on my chair (not so tiring) during working hours so I'll still have enough energy to workout.

What do you think? Any advice/input would be much appreciated. For some of you who had been in my situation or are still in a similar situation as mine, please share your story.

Edited