A

Weekend Ghost Check-in: Sunday July 25

It's the last week of July, already, and another time of ghosting by yours truly. I'd like to thank my workout and 👻buddy for yesterday's check-in! And, of course, our wonderful regular hosts Kim and Raven, for their daily contributions. They showed up every day for years, no matter what, and have been and still are a huge factor in creating a worldwide network of friends. You guys are amazing, as are all the Blenders contributing to these threads. The fact that the daily check-ins have been going on for three years (I believe - correct me if I'm wrong) prove how much difference they make for so many of us, not in the least for me.

My thoughts go out especially to Kim, today. It's been a rough year for her, and today will be filled with memories about her Tango. My picture is for you, Kim. A small, beautiful creature in a sea of flowers.

But let's start with the basics: workouts. Do you have any exercise planned for today, a custom or FB-routine? My calender tells me it's upper body day again. I'll be doing 'Kim's workout': https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/upper-body-strength-workout-guaranteed-muscle-burnout

a video that had to be in a routine titled 'Strong with Daniel'.

What about you? Strength training or cardio? Rest or activity planned on your own or with your family? Some of you will be on holiday at the moment, which means that your exercise and eating habits will be different for a while. So here is a question from me: what are your favorite activities during the holidays and/or when you're travelling? Is FB accompanying you during your trips, into hotel rooms and gyms, or improvising on a campsite, or will you get back to your regular workouts when the holidays are over? I've seen pictures of Blenders working out in front of their tent or up on a mountain, and would love to see photos of your outdoor activities. Personally, I have great memories of horse riding in the mountains of Ecuador. No pictures of that, unfortunately!

That brings me to the eating part: another thing that can be different from your normal habits. When I still travelled, I was always curious about foreign cuisines, and asked for the food the cook liked best, I got unhealthy pastry breakfast and beautiful curry dishes, great tasting meals and food I'd never ever order again. Being a vegetarian sometimes made it difficult, leading to funny combinations on my plate, from a can of tuna fish (it must have been vegetarian in the mind of the host) to beans and a peeled banana. Holiday eating can be challenging! But back to normal: what will you be preparing or ordering today, Blenders? Normal, or adventurous?

One more thing to do: a little comment on today's picture. Not the greatest close up, obviously, but I'm glad with this one. In a field of purple loosestrife, yesterday, there was one butterfly fluttering around. The butterfly is an Old World swallowtail or common yellow swallowtail, and it's not as common as the second name suggests. We only have one kind of swallowtail in the Netherlands, and it's rather rare and easily scared away. Yesterday, it was quite crowded in the area, with lots of cyclists, and the swallowtail changed its direction away from the path everytime I almost had a clear picture. This one is the only photo with a butterfly, drinking nectar on a loosestrife flower in the back of the field.

That's today's check-in, Blenders. Thank you for checking in with me, and I hope you all have a great Sunday!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited