Red Dan Plan – sloppy wrap-up of week 1

Hi Blenders!

The pic shows my today's calendar, but it's not how the original schedule looked like. The UB video was supposed to be Day 4, yesterday, but I took a rest day. And the first and third video were supposed to be either/or options for Day 5, didn't intend to do both.

I started with the kettlebell one because it has a warmup included. Then I realized it has two rounds and I wasn't enjoying it much (generally not a fan of kettlebell) so I did just one round.

Seemed too short to end the day with that so I went on to the UB video skipped yesterday. I messed that one up because I couldn't figure out how to make different inclines without a bench so instead different variations, I was doing the same thing over and over. Later I found in my notes that I can best achieve it with a resistance band, and got annoyed that I didn't check the notes earlier.

Then again didn't want to end the day with that, annoyed and feeling unaccomplished, so decided to try the berserker video. I never did it before, and I don't think I'll do it again 😂 (at least not any time soon) It is just too hard for me. I modified and swapped and took breaks so much that it would make more sense to just choose an easier video to start with, rather than one you can't do. I mean "thigh slap jumping lunges", what was that lunacy? I tried just one rep, impossible, thanked my knees for not bursting on that instance of unreasonable torture I put them through, and continued with subs.

So basically, all 3 checkmarks today felt like a cheat (not that I didn't do anything, but whatever I did, didn't resemble much what was shown).

There is a red-shirted optional recovery day 6 in the original schedule, but I already know I'll skip it. I need two full rest days to gather new zest for Monday, because I must admit I fell out of love with it a little.

But let's end on a positive note. So far in the check-ins I've always highlighted something I liked most. For today it would be Swing Squat (from the kettlebell video). It was the first time ever that I've seen that exercise and it's a fun one!

And actually, on a second thought, I should give another chance to the third video. I see now it is very similar to the jump rope video from Wednesday, in duration, difficulty, and structure (exchanging long steady state cardio intervals with short hard and explosive intervals) so if I could endure and almost enjoy the jump rope one, maybe I could this one too, on a different day and in a different setup (for starters, not placing a level 5 HIIT at the end, geez what was I thinking).

Good day!