O
Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Calorie deficit - reducing the nuts!!! 🥜

Hi all,

Hope you’re well.

So I feel like I need/want to lose a bit of fat to try and show off more these hard earned muscles I’ve been building. I don’t count calories or macros cause it’s really not good for my mental health. This has made me feel really stuck and like I won’t be able to do it….

Every morning I eat oats or a bowl of fruit and Greek yogurt and top each with some nuts (maybe 3/4 pecans and 2/3 walnuts) plus some seeds. Every lunch I incorporate a quarter of Avacado on my salad….I’ve just looked and if I cut the nuts from my breakfast and the avacado from my lunch I’d probably drop about 200 calories!!!…

I work out 5 days a week. Would such a small change in my diet make a difference? Would I lose weight by only cutting 200cals and if so what progress could you expect?

I work so hard and I really want my gains to show more but the idea of counting macros etc makes me feel slightly ill and I know I couldn’t do it….just feeling stuck and wonder if the small changes (reducing the nuts and avacado) would make any difference or if it’s wishful thinking!!! Or maybe I’ve counted wrong and theirs no way such a small amount could be that many calories!!?!

Any thoughts much appreciated.

Thanks

Edited