Physical Therapy Day 10

Hello Blender Peeps!

I just finished my physical therapy appointment and man I'm tired. The soreness in my legs are something else but I love. I did some new exercises and had my re-evaluation today. My therapist was impressed and proud (just like me) by how much progress I've made since I started physical therapy back in June. She said my wrists and ankles are much stronger by one or to notches if you will but still stronger nonetheless. My knees feel better too not 100% but maybe...50-60%ish. (I'm terrible with numbers so I'm most likely wrong. 😅) I'm very excited and really happy. Obviously, I still have a long way to go but I'm really happy that things have gotten better.

Today I got to do some new exercises.

- Step Ups/Side Step Ups

- Monster Walks with Band

- Squatted Side Steps with Band

Also, got to work on my balance as well. It was just as I thought. My right leg struggles more with balance than my left. Something I need to work on.

Did I mention that all this stuff gave me a good burn? It felt good but my endurance and strength really have diminished but not entirely. Something to work back up to slowly and little by little.

I'm also trying hard to work on my posture as well. Being mindful of that is difficult but I do try to keep my back straight and not arched. I never realized how hard it is to keep my back straight while working out. I had to keep looking in the mirror that was there and my back kept slowly arching and I had to keep fixing it. Maybe it also has to do with the fact my core isn't very strong. 🤔 Another thing to work on.

I also have been adding in short low impact routines as well. Slowly but surely I will keep advancing and keep making progress.

So much to work on but I'm excited. Physical therapy has done a lot and I'm so grateful that I'm doing it. Before I had no idea what to do about my pains, who to go to or where to start. Although once I finish physical therapy, where do I go from there? Hmm...

Have a Blessed day!