HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 19th

Welcome to the beginning of a new week! I'll start off by welcoming anyone and everyone who reads or posts here, I hope this Monday finds you well. Another little fitness quote from me today: "Some people want pure strength, some people want less fat, some people want more muscle, but the key is that you show up every day." (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

I'm generally in the first category, and very happy to be returning to all-around strength after recovering from that shoulder injury. I'm also in that last category -- showing up every day. This quote says three things to me. First, there are all kinds of training, so you can probably find one that suits :) Second, being consistent is key. This little group has been a big part of encouraging me to show up each day, so thanks everyone. And finally, "showing up every day" means something different every day. Working out is showing up, stretching is showing up, taking a rest day when you need one, like I decided to yesterday is also showing up for yourself. Even coming on to the forum to vent or share life's challenges is showing up, because how you feel is part of your health and well-being. So. How will you show up today?

Today's workout for me will be core with Daniel in the cool of the morning. And at some point I'll be baking rhubarb-strawberry pie🥧. No choice -- I made the filling yesterday while cooking up my rhubarb compote, so I need to finish it today. I think my perseverance will be rewarded 😋