M

Advice on reverse dieting and also stalled progress

Hi Everyone, I will try and keep this short. I have a similar background to what Kelli shared - severe under eating (1200 cals maximum a day for years and years. Sometimes less) and way too much cardio. Last few years I have remained at around 52 kg - not a lot - but NO muscle. I am also only 157cm. I am not huge. But pear shape so carry extra weight around hips and thighs. At the end of 2019, I started doing more HIIT and slowly started to lift weights (nothing too heavy). I could feel - but not see - some toning happening. Late 2020 - I removed HIIT, and did resistance workouts and TONS of walking. No improvement. I missed HIIT too. For the last 3 months, I am now ONLY following fitness blender. I do upper strength x2 a week, lower strength x2 and hiit and core x1-2.

I have increased my calories slowly and I am now at 1450 average a day. I would like to increase this to 1600.

But I have stopped increasing my calories because now as my body feels like it's slowly putting on weight. I am weighing about 0.5 - 1lg more - might not sound like a lot, but my clothes are tighter. This has happened before, then I freak out, cut calories and do bad habits. I will NOT be doing that this time. But I am perplexed why inches are not going down. I feel like I do most things right. LOTS of water, I go for daily walks or jump rope and I swim at the weekends during the summer. I'm at a loss.

Edited