Physical Therapy Day 8

Hey Blender Peeps! I hope all is well.

I'm on my third to last week of physical therapy and honestly I have made progress since starting. I can stand a lot longer (even though I feel pain later) still progress though. I can walk a lot longer (again pain later). Always remember little progress is still progress. No discouragement think of it as ENcouragement because it is since you're moving forward.

Today at my appointment I got to do some new exercises: the Deadbug and Wall Squats with 5lbs. Man were they brutal. I've never done the Deadbug before and boy was my core sore after. I really need to do more core stuff. My physical therapist's assistant recommended I do five minute core routines everyday. I think I'll take her up on that. My core is pretty weak but not that weak. It may also help with my posture as well which I need. I would also like to mention a new Non-Scale Victory. I was able to do 2 squats with the 5lb weights without the wall which felt good to do but I still need the wall for support before my knees starting hurting a bit.

Haha...funny thing that also occured to me. I forgot how to do squats. 😅 I haven't done them in so long that my body just didn't remember the proper form. Luckily, my physical therapist's assistant Linda reminded me. Man that's quite something. So, that taught me something. I may need to start ALL THE WAY OVER and remember how to do certain exercises and the proper form down again. That should be fun. It's a good opportunity to learn proper form again/fix form I've been doing wrong (probably) and get more from exercises.

Tomorrow (GOD willing) I was thinking of tackling a total body LOW impact routine. My physical therapist wants me to try a routine and see how my body feels. Obviously, nothing CRAZY like intense strength training and no huge cardio or HIIT. Just really light strength (mainly bodyweight) and very light cardio maybe. Any recommendations on what routine to do? I have an idea of which one I'll go for but ideas would be nice too. Thank you for reading!

Have a Blessed day!

Edited