Perspiration Pals 12 July '21 🚀🥯

Well, dear Pals, wish me luck, for today is leg day! I am off on another adventure in urban cycling. I am confident that Saturday's proper repair on my tire will hold... but I might put a spare tube/repair kit in my bag, just in case. The city has installed lots of new bike paths, and little repair stations with tools and pumps and so forth. Great stuff... that I really hope I won't need. So, if all goes well, I will bike across town (~12km) and get some new walking shoes. Both my hiking shoes and my "office shoes" are worn out,and my workout shoes are for weight-lifting, which means they don't support my feet enough for everyday wear, as I learned the hard way. So, since several of you said yesterday your favorite exercise is walking and hiking, I want to know about your shoes. Do you have favorites? Do you wear them for everything? And, crucially, is it just me, or is it really hard to find shoes that fit? I thought I would be safe just staying with the same brand, but nope!

So, basically, today will be "leg day" on the bike, and food will probably be bagels, since there's a bagel shop next to the sports store. In fact, that particular bagel shop is proud to say its bagels have been to space (in the personal allowance of an astronaut at the International Space Station). I can't imagine eating those bagels in zero gravity, the sesame seeds already go everywhere when I eat them planet-side! What about you, is there a food that you would absolutely have to bring with you to a desert island (or a space station)? I've put an image in the comments that will you my preference.

And of course please know that all Blenders are welcome here, feel free to chat with us, or just hang out.

Edited