Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Electrolytes replacement

Hi blenders!

So I was just wondering if any of you have thoughts about replacing electrolytes after a run or workout. I’ve been working out with FB for at least a couple of years now and haven’t really noticed a huge need for it... (I do eat a lot of fruits & veggies so maybe that helps...) but this summer I’ve been running quite a bit more, even in the heat, and have noticed sometimes not feeling well later that day after a run, maybe even quite a headache.

This morning for example. I ran this morning (1.8 mile) before it was even too hot, but of course still sweat a lot, and even though I ate well and hydrated I developed a headache later in the day.

Also I’ve been reading a lot more about running recently, and they seem to feel it’s pretty helpful to have an electrolyte replacement drink afterwards, especially if you can actually feel the salt on your skin, which I have noticed before.

I saw a nice article on Healthline.com where they gave a recipe for a DIY electrolyte drink, which has as ingredients: -water, -unsweetened coconut water, -some lemon juice, -some lime juice, and -a bit of salt. Has anyone here tried this? I’m thinking of trying it after my next run later this week.

Thanks for reading, hope you’re having a fun weekend!