HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 8th

Hello HKS Blenders.

How are you all doing? For the non-European members I am posting ridiculously early, but here it's 10:30 AM and I don't have much time later in the day to start the thread.

"Like most things in life, rushing the progress only leads to disappointment." - Mary Berry

I’ve just finished doing a list of chores as I’m writing this on Wednesday evening, with the comforting backdrop of Mary Berry (hence the quote – I’m not very inspired at the moment so I just picked one which I thought was a good random reminder; good things often take time, except for mug cakes maybe) making cock-a-leekie soup on TV. After a heavy-for-now weekend exercise-wise (I ran a 5k!), I am feeling Weak. I had to pick a new yoga video twice - my body was not having it. I know the cause: too much overwhelm.

Today my dad wil be brought home for a few hours; he really wanted this. Imagine getting brought to the hospital without knowing you’ll never return to live in your home again... I’m sure the day will be strange and emotional for all of us (I will join my parents and we will eat with my brother and his family). I am kind of running on empty emotionally and also sensory-wise this week. I am even more light and sound sensitive than usual. Plus, my brain is being super supportive with bouts of excessive worrying about subjects that just pop up. So I am pleased I can produce something to post for today.

Enough about me… Do you have any new recipes/food you’ve tried? What workouts are you doing, or not doing (life happens!)? How’s the weather? Do you have any tv shows you watch because they comfort you?

Hope you have the best day possible. Don’t forget everyone is welcome here. 🌼

(Photo is Teppie chilling on the roof. He smokes Cuban cigars there. He thinks I don’t know, but the smell gives him away.)

Edited