Posted in: Workouts / New Releases

New FB Plus Workout: 45 Min Supersets with Cardio and Core Finisher

Good morning FB Family!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week so far. As usual, I have been brainstorming and practicing new workouts for future releases. Nothing evil, just challenging! We have another new workout for you:

Weighted Supersets with Bodyweight Cardio and Core Finisher

Supersets are a format of circuit-style weight-training in which two exercises are performed back-to-back with minimal rest between the exercises. In this workout, the exercises in each superset are paired antagonistically, meaning that the primary muscles involved in the two exercises work to produce opposing movement patterns. Because you will be focusing on one movement pattern at a time, here is your opportunity to challenge yourself with heavy weights! For the bodyweight Cardio Circuits that follow the supersets, your goal is consistent movement during each working interval. You do not have to go full throttle and speed through your reps! The Core Finisher is the ultimate test of whatever gas remains in your tank at the end of the workout. Short but challenging, the Finisher is a great way to take stock of your core strength after hard efforts in the supersets and cardio segment.

A few key reminders:

• Your choice of heavy and medium weights is relative to you.

• Pay close attention to your form.

• It’s ok to take breaks.

I felt super accomplished after filming this workout, but also super hungry (with no food prepared). I’m still finding my rhythm with everything but really want to try out some of these FB recipes, especially post-workout when I can hear my stomach growling. I’m eyeing up the Black Bean Chili Sweet Potato Wedges and the Amazing Oatmeal Pancakes with Bananas and Blueberries right now (I love breakfast for dinner). What other recipes do you all recommend I try out?

I hope you enjoy the workout! I’ll “see you” on the other side of the screen.

-Tasha