Who would have thought this would count as a milestone?

Hi Fitness Blender community,

I hope everybody is doing well, especially those facing a heat wave at the moment. I wanted to share this piece of news that might sound banal, but for me it was super important: today was the first time ever I joined an aqua aerobic class. It was lots of fun, while it also kicked my butt way more than I expected! I was huffing and puffing already during the warm up, but I really enjoyed the feeling of doing familiar exercises, like arm circles or leg raises in the water.

Anyway, the point of this post is that I realized I had bought my pool swimming suit 6 years ago, but I ‘ve never felt comfortable enough with my body to put it on and actually go swimming and/or joining a working out class at the pool - and all that in spite of working out and maintaining a healthy BMI for many years now. I ‘ve never had a problem swimming in the sea, but when it came to the pool I was like “you are not ready/your swimming technique is not good enough/ what if you cannot perform the aerobic exercises in a proper manner?” etc. So much self-doubt and for what? It’s so liberating to say - and actually practice - that “well, this is me. This is what I can do, so I will do it” and also realize that the rest of the people there do not care if you do the freakin exercise correctly or not. They are too preoccupied with their own thing!

I definitely have Fitness Blender to thank for making me feel stronger, more energetic and therefore for “persuading” me that my body is capable of lots of different things and that now (!) is the time to enjoy it! Not “later”, not “provided that I can do that, I will also do this” etc. Life ‘s too short and too demanding anyway for bringing ourselves down over such things.

Love and appreciate your body for whatever it’s capable of and if your immediate reaction to anything new is “this is not for me”, always think twice. ;-)