HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group July 5th🐦

Hello Blender friends, wishing you a good start to the week.

Today I woke a little earlier than usual, probably because I am going back to work after a week of holidays. I'll be giving myself a light day for workouts, just wrapping up the Reach challenge, then picking up Flex again tomorrow. Unless I am bursting with energy at the end of the workday, then I can do both 💪!

So for now, I am sitting in the cool of the morning, listening to the outsized voice of a tiny little bird🐦. A couple days ago, I finally solved the mystery of which bird was singing all the beautiful, complex songs with chirps and trills, when the little fellow perched right on my balcony, and, in the words of an old show tune, started "throwing his heart at the sky"! Appropriately enough, the bird is named "song sparrow" (bruant chanteur, in French).

This morning, I want to offer a quote from a wise woman, Julian of Norwich. I saw her most famous quote last week in an interview with Reverend Richard Cole (former keyboardist for the Communards), you may know it: "All shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well" and this quote in itself is beautiful to me. Actually, her whole book is beautiful (my copy has more pages with bookmarks than without!). The quote I wanted to share is for those people who are having a harder time of it:

"He did not say, 'You shall not be tempest-tossed, you shall not be work-weary, you shall not be discomforted'. But he said, 'You shall not be 'overcome.'" ( Julian of Norwich)

This attitude was quite radical for the time, which was much more given over to gloom and doom, and I truly love Julian for her insistence on the good. Also, she is often portrayed with a pet cat, which makes her a rather approachable sort of 14th-century mystic. And I hope that those who are living darker or more difficult times can hold on to this luminous thought. You can do this, you will come through, we are here for you, and you shall not be overcome.

So, let's take a deep breath and wrap up this post, shall we? I just want to finish by inviting you to share a bit of your day. Any good workouts on your schedule? Is it a good day for walking? Anything irresistible on the menu? Let us know 😊. And of course please know that all Blenders are welcome here, feel free to chat with us, or just hang out.