Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Calorie counting

Hi my dear FB friends and family,

This might become a longer post, so thanks in advance for reading. But I'm thinking about this for two weeks now and I need advice.

In April I bought myself a new Fitbit for tracking my workouts. I find this super motivating, especially for running and biking. Sooooo ... along wih this I thought it to be a good idea to track my calories for a while, "just to see where I am at". I tracked every d*** cookie and every spoon of olive oil to find out that my average calorie intake is about 1400 cals a day (with alcohol around 2000. So on the average over the week according to the watch it's 1500 to 1700). Now summer finally came around and my pants don't fit as good as last year, nothing serious, but it was better last year (I don't weight myself since two years, because it freaked me out). So I thought okay maybe 2 or 3 kgs less is enough and so I started figuring out what calories I need to lose this weight. And there I found out that my calorie intake is not enough for a woman like me (40 years old, 165 cm, about 65 kg, sedentary job, around 12.000 steps a day, working out 4 to 5 times a week). That with a calorie intake of 1500 or so I SHOULD already lose weight!? I have to tell you maybe that I'm absolutly fine with the amount I eat in a day. I'm not hungry, and when I am hungry I EAT! Healthy food mostly, but some chocolate for motivation at work is mandatory :-)

So my problem with this is not so much the low amount of calories itself or my summer pants, but if this is not normal and maybe generates problems in my (older) future I should do something about it.

So the final question is: Should I worry? Should I do something about it? What if I gain more weight and can't loose it? In my age this will happen for sure ... or am I getting crazy about nothing and just go on?

I will NOT eat only 1000 cals a day to just fit somehow in these stupid pants, so don't worry, I'll go shopping.

If someone made it that far, thank you! Every tipp is welcome!

Read you soon! Bella