Physical Therapy Week 3 Day 5

Hello Blender Peeps!

I hope everyone is doing well. I hope your last few days of June is going great and goes well into July. I know it's around now that people tend to show their calendars. Always remember never compare your calendar to someone else's. Be proud of what YOU did whether your calendar is full of check marks, has a few, is half way, every other day or even empty. All of us are different in terms of a lot of things and I always like to think about it as "You can't really compare two things that are completely different. It's like comparing rocks and water. Two COMPLETELY different things that are special in their own ways." Hopefully that helps some of you. I'm still learning this myself but it's worth it.

So today I had another physical therapy appointment. It was fun as usual and I, of course, learn new things about myself. I also got new exercises to do. And I finally get to use some weights (1lb-2lbs). It's been over a year now since I've been able to. I'm slowly making progress.

- Wall Squats (These are brutal! I forget how painful squats can be)

- Wall Core Compresses (Basically pressing back against the wall for 10 seconds for 10 reps for posture)

- Clam Shells

- Beginner Bridges with a band

- Wrist Exercises with weight

Doing these exercises I learned that my right side of my body is more tight than my left side. I think it could be because my dominant side is my left side but I'm not sure. It was so much easier doing everything with my left side. Any ideas?

I sound like a broken record by now so I won't say it because you guys already know. 😂

Did I mention I keep a journal for this? It really helps me see my on days (where my pains aren't that bad or too bad) and my off days (where my pains are bad to really bad). This past week I have had more bad days than good days BUT the pains haven't that bad. So that's good. I'm making progress little by little and I hope it continues that way.

I want to stay as positive as possible with this because it makes things easier when I do. Bring upset about is okay but getting mad at my body won't do anything in the end and may just mess up recovery. I encourage anyone to remember that and stay not only positive but patient. Things happen in due time and it'll be worth it to not have all that stress.

Another thing it's VERY HOT where I am and man it's insane. I now a lot of others here have been having heatwaves too. Man...I can't wait until fall. Mosquitoes are so annoying. For some reason they love feasting on me and no one else (not that I would want anyone else to suffer). I don't know why they like me so much. I read they like body heat but they leave my liitle sister alone. She's the "human inferno" of the family. Oh well at least they don't bother her.

Have a Blessed day guys!