RECIPE: Pea & Basil Soup

Hi folks - I don't have a photo of this soup today but it's a wonderful, light summer dish reminiscent of pesto. You'll need a pot and a blender or immersion blender.

Note: I offer this in the spirit of eating wholesome, delicious real food in line with FB's philosophy.

Also, if you don't like peas or basil, don't make this :P

PEA & BASIL SOUP:

6-8 cups soup broth (I love this soup with chicken broth but it is also delicious with veggie broth or my absolute favorite, Better than Bouillon Roasted Garlic soup base!)

32 oz frozen peas

4 - 6 oz fresh basil

1 tbsp minced garlic

1/2 medium white onion or 1 leek, chopped

2 cups raw spinach

Juice of one lemon or lemon pepper seasoning

Olive oil (or any mild flavored cooking oil)

Saute onion/leek, minced garlic and spinach in olive oil until the spinach is wilted and onion/leek is translucent. Add peas. Add enough broth to cover everything in the pot. Let simmer until the peas are thawed. Turn off the heat and move contents to a blender. Add basil and puree until you reach your desired consistency. You may need to add a bit of broth if your blender needs it to keep the soup moving. Add lemon juice or lemon pepper, salt, and pepper to taste. Serve up and enjoy :)

PS An option: If you'd like this super creamy, you can add 1/2 cup coconut milk to the blender.

Edited