11k obstacle course “race” ✅… feeling super happy and blessed

Today I did my first ever Obstacle Course Race (or should I say “race” following on from FB’s latest post?!) The OCR website itself states: it’s not a race!

Anyway, advertised as 10k, it turned out to be 11k with 25 obstacles! It took me and my husband 2 hours and 4 mins to get round. A group of five friends happily adopted us and helped me get onto the highest (like around 2.50 and even 3 metres high) obstacles by giving me a leg up or pulling me up. The first water feature was 500 meters into the course, making sure our shoes and socks got thoroughly soaked 😱, not the most pleasant way of running across grassy, rutty fields….! I managed my own way down on all the obstacles. I didn’t manage the monkey bars, but jumped up to each one instead. I was crawling upside down on a net, surely not elegantly, but I managed 2/3 of it! I managed the tyre pull with a lot of difficulty, but I did it! And yes, the best part, of course, was the water slide into a ditch with one meter high water, followed by 5 mud ditches to climb in and out of! (I must have been a hippo in my previous life, I adore mud!). I really wanted to do that one again! The finish was a 2 meter high platform to be climbed, then a one meter gap to be bridged 😱 onto vertical slats down into …. Yay more water!

I was apprehensive about the whole thing beforehand, then I thought: “shut up! I should feel privileged that I can do it!!” That thought certainly calmed me down, I relaxed and thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. My whole body is aching, I have got bruises all over, but hey…. I DID IT ! 3 days before my 64th birthday, the oldest female participant! YIKES!

No pics, because phones don’t like being dunked in water, so stayed back in the car, and the official photographers won’t put up their pics till Monday. Photo shows the course and the names of all the obstacles…

Edited the day after:…. Definitely an “old lady” today! My body is soooo not happy with me anymore 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited