Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Meal prepping tip, keep the fresh food taste!

For those who are too lazy to read my whole bla bla bla, the answer is simple: FREEZE the cooked meals. Keep in the fridge meals for only 1-2 days and freeze the rest.

How did it it hit me? I just bought my first frozen meal, for the first time in my life. I live in the eastern europe and there is no such a thing in here as frozen meals, everyone cooks at home or orders from a restaurant. Maybe frozen pizzas, crispy chicken, lasagna, unhealthy stuff in general, but no actual food to have a decent dinner. Untill recently, when i found a company that produces healthier frozen meals and I decided to try and I was like "omg, it tastes like it's freshly cooked!".

Imagine I am freezing the bread all the time, because I can't eat an entire loaf and I cut in two and freeze a half and when it's time to consume it, I take it out and let it defrost at room temperature and in 2 hours it's as fresh as I just bought it, no modified taste or texture. Just like magic!

And it STILL didn't hit me to do the same with the cooked meals!! :)))

I know this tip might be a "duuuuh" for some, but it just hit me recently and indeed, I was like "duuuuuh!!! - facepalm-" :))

I think we all have the same problem, with the whole week meal prepping and that is: the taste of the food, after more than 2 days in the fridge. It starts having a bad taste, especially the meat. Yeah, I am always trying to cover it by making different dressings and sauces, but still... it tastes bad.

And I don't even use a microwave, because that spoils the taste from the start, I always heat the food in the oven or in a pan, for extra fresh taste. But this trick works only for 2 days and that's it.

So, yeah. My big "revelation", that I am sharing with you, maybe there are people like me, who had it in their face and didn't click for them yet.

One thing I know, I am about to buy an upright freezer because ma' meal prep game is about to change. BAAM!

Now I can cook for 2 weeks or the whole month! Not yet, because my freezer is small, but when I'll buy the big one, I can easily fit in there one month worth of cooked meals.

Ok... I'll start with 2 weeks only :))

Edited