Weekend Check-in: Sunday, June 20th

Well hello there, Blend Friends!

How was your weekend? Were you able to rest and recharge from the week? Or maybe you're retired and your whole life is a weekend, lol?

Whatever you did, here we are, standing on the edge of a fresh week, with fresh opportunities!

Or maybe you're standing on one leg, doing a Captain Morgan? Or on tip-toe, doing calf raises? What workouts do you have going on today? I may do a stretching routine that's on my calendar, I may do nothing. I often plan stretching routines, but don't do them; they just don't motivate me, to be honest. I know flexibility is important, but I just haven't found that stretching routine that lights my fire!

However you're standing today, you may find yourself standing over a stove or grill! What's going on in the kitchen today? I am making mushroom and pepper cheesesteak sandwiches and salad. After yesterday's indulgent and delicious meal of brats and mac and cheese, I'm ready for veggies!

So my family does this thing every night at dinner- we have a book of questions, little conversation starters. We ask one each night. So pretend you're sitting with me at my table, watching my guys grimace at yet another meatless meal, and we're asking our question for tonight: If you could pick one vegetable to ban forever, what would it be?

Mine: fresh tomatoes from the store! Ew! They are either sour, taste like cardboard, taste like nothing, are mealy feeling, too acidic... Just...yuck!

Okay, like my grandpa used to say, that's enough out of me! Have a great rest of your weekend!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***