Weekend Check-in 👻: Saturday, June 19th

Good morning/afternoon/evening, Blendies! Is anyone else thrilled that it’s Saturday? It was a busy week, and I am looking forward to slowing down today and focusing on three goals: eat, workout, and read. That’s it!

Do you have any workout goals for today? Hiit, strength, stretching? Going for a stroll or a bike ride, or maybe impersonating a cat lazing in the sun? I’m going to attempt Tasha’s new strength and tabata workout. I had a Daniel active/static lower body routine on the calendar, but moved that to Monday. Guess I’m in the mood for the best kind of torture!

What are your eating goals for today, ‘cause we gotta eat, even if we spend the rest of the day wandering around aimlessly! We are having a not-so-healthy dinner: grilled brats, homemade mac-and-cheese, a black-eyed pea salad (that part is healthy!) and key lime pie. It’s an early Father’s Day feast, as tomorrow will be busy. But what’s on your menu? Healthy, indulgent…I believe that all foods have a place, as long as most of our efforts are spent in nourishing our bodies with the good stuff!

I leave you with a picture of one of my giant sunflowers that has almost fully bloomed! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽 I started several from seed, planting them in yogurt cups and placing them on a sunny windowsill. They are my favorite flower, and I am beyond thrilled with this bloom!

That’s enough rambling from me. I hope you have a wonderful day!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited