Physical Therapy Day 2

Hey Everyone!

I hope everyone is doing well today. I wasn't for the first half of my day. I was feeling horrible this morning and when I got the my physical therapy appointment I felt even worse...until my therapist helped me. Can I be honest? I wasn't expecting her to. I was honestly waiting to hear, "Oh...you're not feeling well? Well go home and try to get better. We'll continue this another day." Instead I got "Oh no! Are you okay? Let me see what I can do to help." I'm honestly really glad to have such a kind person as my physical therapist who actually cares about my wellbeing. I got that vibe from her from the get-go and I could tell she legitimately cares. Not everyone gets to have such a nice person help them out unfortunately.

Basically what happened was I woke up with a light-headed headache. I don't know if any of you guys have this same problem, but I get headaches like that whenever it's cold. It felt like there were people standing all around me pushing my head every which way. The air conditioner in my house was on because it gets really hot at night in my house. It's currently almost summer where I am so it's pretty hot over here. Also, I don't know if some of you experience this but sometimes when I have headaches my headaches sometimes "transfer" pain to my stomach or right below my ribcage and I would start to feel dizzy. It would feel like I sat down in a wheeled chair and spun around really fast except there wasn't any blurriness and seeing thirty of things. I have no idea why it was happening but I didn't like it and didn't know what to do to stop this feeling. Normally, I feel that way if I don't drink enough water, don't eat enough or if it's morning don't eat breakfast sometimes (if I wake up with this kind if headache). I ate breakfast and drank some watet so I could not figure out what was wrong.

Then, my brother took me to my appointment in his car. The heat was not helping because it was really hot this morning. It was making me feel worse. He turned on his car's air conditioner and it helped at first but then I felt REALLY bad. I kept telling myself, "Just fight through it and ignore it. That usually helps get rid of pains like this. Focus on something else and you'll be fine. You have to go to your physical therapy appointment." Unfortunately, sheer willpower didn't help either. By the time I got to the building I was really dizzy, really weak and not feeling good at all. I felt like falling over at any moment.

I got to the floor of my appointment and my therapist immediately could tell something was off. I told her what was wrong and she immediately told me to lay down and she started massaging the back of my head. It REALLY helped get rid of the pain and tension in my head.

As for my stomach it got worse once I started doing the exercises for my nerves. I had to stop because I was going to fall over. So, she told me to relax and got me three cups of water. After each cup I started feeling better and better thankfully. She was legitimately concerned for my wellbeing and I have to say I really did appreciate that. Although, I kept apologizing for worrying her though. 😅 A majority of the session time was her trying to help me feel better. By the end though after drinking the cups of water I felt a lot better and could continue doing the exercises. She even told me that if it happens again she'll give me three cups of water and a head massage again.

(Although there were a few times I did almost fall over while standing but that was only because I'm a klutz and that happens a lot. So whenever it happened she got scared thinking it was because I wasn't feeling good. I had to tell her I was just clumsy and we laughed about it so I kept worrying her more than I should have. 😅 She was really nice about it though.)

So that was my adventure at my physical therapy session. Turns out all I needed was more water. Man I feel so bad for worrying her like that. I drink water all the time. The one time I don't that happens. Do any of you have problems like this too? What have you done to help feel better?

Also, exercises I did today:

- Supine Sciatic Nerve Glides

- Ulnar Nerve Flossing

- Median Nerve Tensioners

- Ulna Nerve Tensioners

- Radial Nerve Tensioners

- Supine Chins Tucks

- Hooklying Lumbar Rotations

Has anyone else done these? Sorry for the long post. It was quite the day I had. 😅 I have another appointment on Monday. Hopefully, this doesn't happen again.

Have a Blessed day guys!