Embracing a new norm

In Oct of 2019, things started to go down hill for me physically. Long story short, fast forward to multiple dr appt and lots of testing later, I was diagnosed with SLE (lupus). I had gone from being someone who thrived on hard workouts, the 4s and 5s, hiit was my thing and I thought that the crazier the workout meant showed how fit and strong I was. Things changed, any high impact is now out of the question and there are some days that even a 2 mile walk can cause pain, but I kept going, trying new things and have learned to really enjoy more pilates, yoga and stretching and the low impact cardio workouts FB offers. I am not good at doing programs, so i plan out workouts on my calendar and aim for pilates 2 days a week and upper body ST a couple days a week and lots of stretching workouts too. My point being, don't fall into the mindset that the hard workouts are what matters, but instead it's what you bring to the table, how you take care of your body. Show up for yourself every day. Listen to your body, if it is shouting rest, then rest. Put your all in every workout and remember taking care of yourself, taking care of your body is where fit and strong is found.