Perspiration Pals 16 June 2021

Hello there, Pals! How are you? I kept staring at the cursor for about 5 minutes after this question. It reminded me of my university years when the hardest part of the essays I was supposed to write was always the introduction. I could also have asked: how are your muscles? Which body part keeps misbehaving?

Let’s just go back to muscles a bit. We know that our lovely gluteus maximus helps us run more effectively and having a good, strong grip doesn’t only make us be able to give vice-grip handshakes (don’t do that) but can also lower the risk of cardiovascular diseases. We talked about the biggest/smallest and strongest muscles but do you know which muscles are the busiest? (There’s a clue somewhere.) Bonus question: What is a hypnic jerk? (No, it’s not a boringly rude person.)

Moving on to workout plans. What are you doing today? I’m starting Day 1 of the Strong Challenge. Why? I fancy a bit of strength training.

My mini lifebook says it’s Bloomsday. Bloomsday is a commemoration and celebration of the life of Irish writer James Joyce. Of course if you are fans, you already know this. I’m not a fan, to be honest, but I’d love to walk around Dublin today.