Daily Check-in: Sunday, June 13th 🌵

Cactus!!

Happy Sunday, Blenderbuddies!

This is one of my favourite cacti, a Ferocactus glaucescens nudum. Ferocacti are usually quite the ferocious creatures (hence the name) with thick and/ or long thorns, some of them barbed. This one has none and therefore is named "nude". These ones are prone to get sunburnt when they are migrated from their winter quarters outside into direct UV light, so some shade or taking advantage of a few overcast days helps a lot to keep 'em healthy.

I have no elegant transition from a naked cactus to the next few paragraphs - except a reminder to apply sunscreen liberally, though maybe not on your patio or garden plants 😜 - so let's jump right in! Any workouts happening on your side, or are you resting this Sunday?

What's on the menu for today? I'm still largely clueless about food; however, a large cup of coffee will do just fine for the moment. Since my morning schedule is quite rigid on work days, I enjoy starting into the weekend very slowly and lazily. And once brain and body are properly awake, it's time to get that kickboxing done! It comes with an EC that I haven't done before, so the temptation to add it is definitely there: https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/sweaty-bodyweight-cardio-butt-and-thigh-workout/

Thank you all for checking in with me during this weekend! I'm handing the checkim torch back to the lovely Raven tomorrow for all things Mondaze!

Have a nice day!

***These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***