Perspiration Pals 10 June 2021

Hello Pals! First of all, let me thank you for being decent and lovable. I looked at all your pet & nature pics and they were all gorgeous. I feel better today so I thought I’d start the thread relatively early although ‘early’ is also relative since it’s 10 a.m. here (at least it was when I started writing…) but our friends in Australia, New Zealand are having dinner. I don't know what time it is in Antarctica (Wouldn’t it be wicked if there were some Blenders from Antarctica? Although it’s winter there so they’re probably trying hard not to go mad and kill each other…)

The answer to yesterday’s question: The gluteus maximus plays a big role in helping us run more effectively. When I see people running for the bus I have doubts but running for the bus and running to catch a gazelle in the savannah are two completely different things.

Let’s move on to other muscles. If you like strength training (or weight training) what you need, apart from a set of dumbbells, is good grip strength. The international Prospective Urban and Rural Epidemiological (PURE) conducted a study in 2015 and this study showed a significant correlation that as grip strength decreases, the risk of ………… increases. It’s a nice fill in the gap exercise today.

So, Pals, are doing strength training today? I’m planning to do the 1000-cal routine which is part of Fit3 and hopefully I’ll survive… I did a bit of rescheduling because I won’t have time (or energy) to do this on Saturday.

My mini lifebook says it’s Iced Tea Day. I’m not a big tea-drinker to be honest. (Dear British Blendfriends, please don’t kill me.) I mostly drink rooibos anyway because it’s delicious and really good for you.