Perspiration Pals 9 June 2021

Hello there, Pals! Weeks fly by like leaves in a hurricane whereas days crawl like a sloth after a hearty meal of, well leaves… (If there are any left after the hurricane.)

Last week we, and by we, I mean I, talked about seemingly unimportant body parts. Now I thought we could get back to muscles. We all know that our backside, the famous gluteus maximus, is not merely there for ornamental purposes. (Some people might argue, though.) A couple of years ago, I watched a documentary about the lives of our ancestors and an anthropologist wanted to know whether the glutes play a bigger role in walking or running. So they conducted a little experiment involving a treadmill and some electrodes. What do you think the result of the experiment was?

Let’s talk about exercise too. I’m going to do Day 23 of Fit3. I’m not happy about that 1000-cal routine on the very last day and since it’s scheduled for Saturday I’ve decided to reschedule a bit. I’m planning to do it tomorrow instead. Either way, it’s not too ideal but I’ll deal with it. To be honest, I’m a bit overwhelmed and emotionally rather exhausted for various reasons at the moment. I keep telling myself that others have it way worse than me but not only does it not help, it actually makes it slightly worse. Anyway, I’ll try to respond to all your replies but if I don’t, please don’t take it personally.

PS, Could you send me some furry trainer/nature photos? I need some beauty. Thank you.