K

Progress when you don't really see it

Hey FB Fam,

I'm one of those who often reads the Community page but don't really post, but I just had one of those moments that I wanted to share today.

I've been working out with FB for about a year and a half, and have toned up a lot and seen a lot of progress over that time. But over the last few months my weight has stayed the same, though fluctuated by about 1kg throughout that time. Over the last few months I've started training for a half marathon, as well as continuing with FB workouts but dialing them back when needed. I thought that with this change in training (literally not a runner at all, just wanted a new challenge) that I would continue to lose weight or at least get it moving again. But that just hasn't been the case.

Anyway, this morning I measured myself, the last time being a few months ago, and though my weight literally hasn't changed, I've lost 19cm across my body - most being from my hips, butt, and waist but at least 1cm across all areas of my body too.

I think this is just a great reminder of how there is always progress and your body is changing when you don't really realise it. I just wanted to share this as a reminder to not feel discouraged by the scale - progress is happening regardless it's just about finding other ways to measure it!