Sharing another brilliant hike✅ (Or should I say “weekend”?!) with you

Today was the third day of a three day weekend here in the UK. And what a brilliant weekend it was: nature conservation work at one of my favourite places, Stourhead, on Saturday. Sunday: a swim in the river Frome with a swim club that is purportedly the oldest open water swimming club in the world (mind you, it was just a field next to the river) and then a visit to beautiful Bath (15.000 steps!). Then today a walk along the river Avon up into the Mendips. The day started off dull, but soon enough the sun came out! YAY for sunshine.

We walked along the river one way with beautiful views onto the surrounding hills, then up and away from the river across meadows with buttercups as far as the eye could see and looking down on the river. Then we walked back along the canal towpath with lovely canal boats. The towpath used to be where the horses walked that towed the canal boats from place to place. I even walked UNDER the canal as there is an aquaduct over the river with footpaths alongside it. The aquaduct dates back to 1797!

Well, 21.000+ steps (18k) later: tired but happy after yet again a beautiful hike!

I just wanted to share some of the beauty:

Top left, me standing under the canal; top right, believe it or not that was a path; middle right, the tow path: bottom right, the buttercups, field after field of bright yellow!; middle right, the view onto the river; and of course bottom left, mud... making me my usual “happy hippo” self!!

In the replies a photo collage from Bath. And a pic of me happily sawing away at Stourhead.

Active weekend ✅

Happy me ✅

Oops my friend has just asked me if I want a dip in the sea tonight. I said: .... yes 🙈🤣

Edited