Daily Check-in: Monday, May 31st πŸ‘»

Hello and happy day to you all! Here in the States, it's Memorial Day, so many people have it off from work (including me!)

As May winds down, I've been thinking about what I'd like to focus on for June and the word that comes to mind is balance. In particular, trying to balance between movement and rest as part of my injury recovery. But there's also balancing work and life, chores / to-dos and fun activities, social time and alone time now that things are opening up. Balance.

Balance will be a part of my workouts, too. I got a physio ball and I'm excited to do some core work with it, maybe some upper body strength, too. I've got an upper strength scheduled today, if I can get to it. I woke up far earlier than I wanted to (writing this at 5:30 am on the west coast!), and I'm quite tried today so I may call it a rest day. What about you all? What's on your calendars? Any new programs or challenges for June?

And I can't leave you without talking about food! It's vegan burgers in my friend's backyard for me today and I can't wait! Maybe not the healthiest of all meals, but it is a holiday after all. Ta-ta for now!

(ps sorry no pic today!)

***This is a friendly compassionate community as evidenced by my getting the date wrong yesterday, as well as peasant versus pheasant, and we’re still friends. These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***