Checking in & life update

Hello,

I'm just popping in to say hi, check-in, and provide a life update for anyone who might care lol.

While I've been using FB since like 2015, I've been on and off FB since late 2019. Most recently I "left" because I wanted to try to get pregnant and was told I needed to stop my arthritis medicine to do that. The medicine I'm on messes up ovulation. I have no idea if this means I cannot get pregnant or it's just harder. (I was still ovulating on meds last July when I was tested by my gyno). After going off the medicine, it was clear that I could not perform even low impact workouts without being on the couch in pain shortly after. I tried everything (topicals, CBD, tylenol, heating pad) to curb the pain, but nothing worked. This was super frustrating for me. I was missing time with my family because I was sore in the evening, or sat out during activities because I didn't want to end up on the couch. My doctor's advice was Tylenol 😩. I really need a new rheumatologist...

Fast-forward to today, I'm not pregnant and am back on my meds. After this last month of negative pregnancy tests I had a long talk with the hubs and expressed the fact that while it doesn't bother him/our relationship, I'm very uncomfortable with how much weight I've gained since covid. The emotional rollercoaster the goes with trying to conceive was more than I was prepared for. We were fortunate to not have to try very hard for our son, so I had no idea that I would be so sad seeing so many negative tests. While we don't really want an even bigger age gap between kids (our son is 4), my mental health is more important right now. I feel like now that I know how much I took for granted while on my medicine, I will be more motivated to stay consistent with fitness and clean eating.

I started the FB bored easily program this week. I'm going to loosely follow it based on how I feel/what I need. For example, yesterday was supposed to be HIIT and I wasn't feeling it, so I went for a 3-mile walk out in the sun instead. I love pilates so I will likely throw that in as well. I haven't been successful when I try to rigidly stick to a FB program. So I'm trying this loosey-goosey approach.

I feel like I just word vomited 6 months of stress into this post, but I have missed this community and I'm excited to be "back". So thanks for reading if you made it this far lol.

I also just want to remind people that it's okay to change your plans, modify, and take a break when you need to - mentally or physically.