HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group May 27th

Hello dear Blenders. How are you doing on this last Thursday of May?

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle." – Plato

This quote is a good reminder for me personally because when I have a hard time, I tend to get less patient with strangers. And it’s true – if you walk outside, you'll cross people who are going through all kinds of things. So try to be patient with yourself and others.

Yesterday I did my first FB workout in 3 weeks. I did a abs + lower body pilates workout with Daniel and a friendly 10-minute cardio with Kelli to warm up. I’m sure they were relieved to see me again 🤪 I was pleased about it – pilates was a good choice as it’s slower and breath focused. I’m thinking of going for a short run in the weekend. However, I take things day by day as this is a very stressful time.

As if the hot soup fiasco in the weekend wasn’t enough, I nearly choked on a sip of tea yesterday. 🙄 I haven’t had more accidents, yet… but I did get a huge scare a few nights ago when I thought I heard a burglar. My heart was beating so fast I actually saw my stomach move. I did check eventually and was safe, but it was another stressful event I could have done without. My dad hasn’t had appointments the last few days, he is healing from his operation and we are waiting (dreading) the results. So, more uncertainty. I’m in survival mode most of the time.

I did groceries in a proper supermarket this week for the first time since January. I went with my brother and prepared as well as I could (a structured shopping list is my lifeline), but still felt very panicky. I was walking around repeating “My breath is my anchor! My anchor is my breath!” in my head. I had to get groceries for my parents too and that was almost too much for my brain. You probably recognize that when your stress levels are crazy high, you sometimes can’t cope with the normal things. I nearly cried once when my stove did not work at a time I was completely exhausted. Anyway, yoga and chamomile tea calmed me down later.

Sorry, apparently I’m in a chatty mood. Let’s go over to you quickly: what are you doing today? A favorite workout or a new one? Going outside or is the weather too unkind?

Please bear with me as I might not reply to your posts as soon as I’d like. 🌼 Hope you all have a good day with as less stress as possible. Adding some forget-me-nots with their lovely tiny blue flowers, which I spotted on a walk.