Any child-free-by-choice (CFBC) folks out there?

If so, holla at me! :)

I openly admit to being somewhat tone-deaf when it comes to the notion of kidlings and all things kid-related. I have never been particularly drawn to babies or children - even as a child myself, I was less than amused by the idea of becoming a mother myself, one day, and this never changed as I grew older, even now being in my 30's when all of my friends are having kids of their own. I just never got that burning desire that people often say happens. My maternal instinct only seems to kick in when it comes to puppies, kittens, and other species of the non-human category lol.

Hubby and I decided to opt out of the human parent club and join the fur-child parent club instead, adopting a retired racing greyhound about a year ago. We decided having kids just wasn't for us and that we already feel complete as a family, just the two of us and our pets.

What are your stories of being CFBC (and also not by choice?) If you did decide to end up having kids, what changed your mind? Please feel free to share your stories on this topic, in a safe and respectful manner! :)

EDIT: YOU GUYS! I didn't expect this post to get so much traction! It has been so incredibly humbling and heart-warming to read your stories. Thank you so much for sharing and making me feel less alone in my decision! Wishing you all the very best in your child-free lives! ^_^

Edited