Perspiration Pals - 5/21/21 🐻

A very happy FriYay to you P Pals! Unlike last Friday I will, sadly, be in the office today but first things first. It's a little after 5 a.m. here and I'm about to do day 12 of Abs, only instead of the scheduled HIIT and core workout, I'm subbing in https://www.fitnessblender.com/videos/lower-body-pilates-workout-butt-and-thigh-workout. Last night I did a yoga for sciatica video that helped a lot with my lower back pain, but I still feel like I should take it easy and definitely avoid HIIT. I think I'll do the sciatica video again tonight.

I learned a new word recently that I can't get out of my head: kleptotherm. I find it very satisfying to say. As in, "My calico cat is a kleptotherm." Molly and Lily make cold nights cozier by snuggling up with me in the fall and winter but come spring and summer, Lily is nowhere to be found and Her Cheekiness confines herself to the end of the bed. It turns out, cats don't steal your breath as old wives' tales would have you believe, but they do steal your heat through kleptothermy. Of course, we humans are guilty of this as well, but if you look up kleptotherm in a dictionary, I think there will be a picture of a cat next to it. It might be Molly.

As for an animal I can admire without wanting to snuggle it, above is a picture of a black bear hanging out in my yard yesterday afternoon. This young guy or gal was right next to our old pooch Tessa til my husband told it to scram and the bear ambled a bit further away from the house. Definitely a very young bear, not much taller than Remy and maybe about 150 lbs. S/he hung out for a while and then went on his/her way.

Okay, I'll stop blabbing and turn it over to all you lovely people. Please fill us in on what you are up to today workout-wise, food-wise, or whatever-wise! The kids are getting takeout tonight, but I'm not sure about me yet. Maybe a frozen garlic and pesto pizza. I will definitely be enjoying a glass of wine with a book on the back porch this evening though, hopefully bear-free.

Attaching a picture below of Molly mid-epiphany the other day. And as always, I would love to see a picture of your favorite kleptotherm!

P.S. We welcome everyone in these threads. Please feel free to pop by to say just a hello or more, if you'd like. We'd love to hear from you. If you choose to be a silent Blender today, we hope you get the support you seek. Take care.

Edited