HKS (Healthy, Kind Support) Accountability Group May 20th

Hello everyone.

“If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill

I think my family’s current situation will explain why I chose this quote. Maybe you’re going through a tough or even a ridiculously difficult time. In that case, I wish you much strength. Be kind to yourself.

Writing this on Tuesday evening. When I’m posting this my dad will be getting brain surgery. Which is frightening and I think you will all understand I probably (still) won’t interact with you much today. I have read posts here and there but I don’t have much focus to really take in what you all have been posting. Really, really wish each and every one of you all the best but my head is too full. I do want to thank you for your kind words 🌼

However, please share your workouts, thoughts, stories as usual. I hope you are enjoying your workout or rest day, or other activities.

(To end on a more lighthearted note: I used a “peel off” face mask earlier this week, where you put a layer of product on your face, let it sit for about 15 minutes, then peel it off. I had not used this type of mask before and did read the instructions, but because of everything going on in my life, I did not think of leaving my eyebrows bare. (In my defense, there was no warning specifically to NOT put it there – there should be!) So when I was peeling it off, I suddenly realized “[swear word], I will rip my entire eyebrows off!” I very carefully peeled the mask away from my brows and managed to wash the remains off with water. I think I did not use a thick layer there anyway so maybe I had been paying some attention to begin with… Anyway, it was a scary moment (about as scary as that time I put aluminium foil in the microwave) and I was afraid I’d end up having to paint my brows on and look like some 1930s movie star. Feel free to laugh at me for this. But please take my advice: if you ever use any peel off mask, don’t put it on your brows… or lips or around the eyes, for that matter. 😳)

Also, my contact lenses are being very annoying and I think I need an eye check to make sure the numbers haven't changed. Really good timing as I can't make an appointment now.

Photo is of wild garlic/bear leek/bear's garlic (according to Google, had to search for the English translation).