Posted in: Nutrition / Nutrition Talk

Quitting binging/snacking

Hey.

I am stuggling to maintain weight loss due to cravings and binging/stacking. Oddly enough, I never crave anything "unhealthy" og "processed" (such as chocolate, cola or a BigMac), but rather something as plain, unsweetened, unprosessed oatmeal with extra skimmed milk, brown rice and/or whole wheat bread (homemade) with a "pinch" of butter. It has gotten to the point where I don't eat breakfast, lunch and supper (and sometimes dinner), whilst also fasting for 16-20 hours. When I DO eat dinner or have the first meal of the day I simply cannot stop eating. I feel full, but never satisfied. I don't even bother counting the calories because I'm too scared to see the amount of food I'm consuming.

I've asked for help, but advice such as "just stop" or "distract yourself" has not been helpful. I've tried distracting myself with schoolwork/personal projects/music/other hobbies, but it simply doesn't work anymore. The cravings have really killed my productivity and my love for art/music. I feel like I'm always thinking about food/exersize.

TL;DR: I have constant cravings for unsweetened oatmeal, and I can't controll my binging/snacking. I don't eat breakfast/lunch/supper because of this. I've tried distracting myself/hiding food, but it doesn't work. It has ruined my productivity and motivation to do anything.

Do any of you have any tips/tricks that work/has worked for you?

(For reference, I'm a 16 y/old girl, currently 173 cm/5 foot 8 and approx. 59 kg/130 pounds)

(Also, I apologize for gramatical/spelling errors, english is not my first language.)