Perspiration Pals 19 May 2021

Hello Pals! That’s a ‘time-of-day-neutral’ greeting. There are languages in which the word for ‘weather’ is the same as the word for ‘time’. If you speak such a language, have you ever wondered why? This isn’t a guessing game, don’t worry. Here’s the guessing game: Last time we talked about the smallest muscle in the body, which is in the ear stabilising the smallest bone. Our largest bone is the femur. Do you know how long the largest femur ever discovered is? Unfortunately, there’s no virtual, calorie-free cake left so Blenders giving the right answer only get a virtual pat on the back.

Talking about bones, before I started regular strength training I wasn’t quite aware of the fact that by pressing the bones, strength training can actually increase bone density. I never would’ve thought that I’d like the idea of lifting heavy object merely for the fun of it. (I admit I don’t always find it fun.) How about you? Are you doing strength training today?

According to my mini lifebook it’s May Ray Day. You’re supposed to celebrate it by getting yourself into the sun and enjoy the day. The only way I could get myself into the sun right now would be to fly above the clouds. So if it’s sunny where you are, enjoy it!