To Kelly and Daniel, form the bottom of my heart

To Kelly and Daniel.

FB appeared in my life during the fall of ‘17. In Jan of that year, I was 23 and a few months away to move to another city to start my master's in Food Science and Technology. I was also struggling with what today I think might have been a mild depressive episode. I had struggled my entire life with my body weight and image. I did every possible flash diet out there, without the outcomes I was so desperately seeking for. That month I started to see a nutritionist (who happens to be a friend from high school); she taught me so much about nutrition and astonished me with delicious recipes that I would have never taught could be part of a 'healthy diet''. Fast forward to Fall '17, I was already living in the new city and carrying the debt of that event, so no money for the gym. My friend recommended me one of your videos. I clearly remember that I said, "how hard can this be, is just a youtube video". In any case, I had done strength training before... HOW NAIVE haha. The next day my legs were beyond sore, but I was thrilled! Little did I know Kelly and Daniel would become friends of mine.

Clearly, when I say friends I mean in a figurative way. We have never met and probably we will never do so. But I cannot stress enough how much you have supported me and taught me during these years. First, training at home turned out to be perfect for me as I would never feel really comfortable doing it at a gym. The way Kelly and Daniel talk during the workouts, patiently explaining tips, the reason why that particular session is designed that way, the correct position... even tho they have the descriptions in the videos and they have said it before; the way they struggle and sweat and make faces is so natural and refreshing. Not like other YouTube videos out there. When Kelly and Daniel record videos together, how comfortable they look and how nicely they joke with each other... in a way, it feels intimate and makes me feel like they are my long-time friends (the only ones I can work out in front of). As if that is it was not enough, I love and appreciate how every workout, every post, every comment from them is always meant to look out for your health and not your weight.

Kelly and Daniel, you have been my companions in this journey of self-acceptance and intuitive eating. You have reminded me, in almost every workout, that is about our health and not our look. I have learned so much from you and this amazing and supportive community you have created. Today I feel infinitely healthier, stronger, and happier than I did back in Jan '17.

For that, and what we still gonna go through together, I will be eternally grateful.

Tana.