Perspiration Pals 12 May 2021

Good morning/afternoon (evening later) Pals! The weather has been really beautiful in the past couple of days here but it seems summer has changed its mind and will return later this year. (hopefully) I don’t like the heat but the sunshine was lovely and I’ve just read in the paper that there’s a new cycle path to another village which means and I can go for longer bike rides!

I figured my Fact Finder Fragment is only for the weekend but of course it can appear by popular demand. Instead, I’ve decided to play a short ‘Would you rather’ game. Would you rather be twice as strong or twice as fast as you are now?

As for working out, what are your plans for today? I’m doing Strong, Day 23, to be more specific. It’s an upper-body strength training routine, which apparently I’ve done ten times before. 

According to my mini lifebook it’s Limerick Day. Now, I don’t know whether we should celebrate the town called Limerick in Ireland or humorous poems but two aren’t mutually exclusive. So here’s my limerick:

There was a woman from Hungary,

Who hated the everyday drudgery,

She picked up her bags,

With all of her rags,

And sailed to a faraway nunnery. (see photo)

If my replies are somewhat short, please don’t be offended but, you know, everyday drudgery… Have a drudgery-free day! Those carrying the weight of the world on your shoulders, hang in there!