1-year Blendiversary! 🎉

It’s officially been one year since my partner and I started working out with FB and we've made incredible progress. Looong post to follow recapping and celebrating.

We completed:

Bodyweight 2

FB 30

Bored Easily

FB 30 4

FB 30 2

Blend

Sweat

Bored Easily again (almost, just 4 days left!)

The biggest improvement for me has been my self image and attitude towards exercise and food. I have gotten so much better at intuitive eating and have really improved my relationship with food!

Other improvements are:

-everything upper body (hands, forearms, biceps, triceps, shoulders, chest, and back)

-overall cardio endurance

-recovery time

-hamstring strength

-hip flexor strength and flexibility

-abs, especially lower abdominals

Before Fitness Blender the only workouts I had done were cardio and yoga. I was super scared to try strength training and could only work with 3lbs per hand at first. I could not even lift a 25lb weight with two hands and struggled to lift 15.😮 I am so happy that I can now not only easily lift 25lbs with one hand but do a number of exercises with them! And it turns out that I absolutely love strength training! I didn’t realize how much my lack of strength affected my daily life before. It is amazing to be able to lift everyday things like groceries now with ease and without straining my back.

We didn’t manage 5 workouts a week every week but we did well for the most part. Some weeks ended up only being 2 or 3 workouts, but that’s still so much more than we ever worked out prior to this year!

My favourite exercises are:

-split jumps

-squats (especially sumo and ski)

-side lunges

-bridges

-bicep curls

-butt kicker drops

-lateral jumps

-3-way crunches

-runners

-side leg lift

-chest press

My least favourites are:

-star jump

-jumping jack

-back bow

-push up

-flutter kicks

-lizard hops

-plank

-side plank

-bentover anything

This year has been horrible in so many ways but exercising regularly has been such an amazing way to feel better mentally and physically and to really know that I am doing something for my health every day. It has been such an awesome thing for my partner and I to do together, and I’m extremely grateful for Fitness Blender! Here’s to many more years of amazing workouts! 🥂