Perspiration Pals 9 May 2021

A sunny Sunday to you all! It’s sunny here so I know I’m not going to spend too much time inside. I almost finished the third week of Strong (I only have a stretching routine to do) so I thought my Fact Finder Fragment needed a fact about strength.

“A female chimpanzee in a fit of passion has the strength of six men” (source: 1227 QI Facts to Blow Your Socks Off)

If this is not a warning against aggravating chimpanzees then what is. Our closest relatives in the animal kingdom don’t need to lift heavy objects repeatedly for years to gain muscle. I haven’t always admired physical strength but ever since I started strength training I’ve become fascinated by muscles. So here’s a bonus fact:

“Elephants have more muscles in their trunks than adult humans have in their entire body.” (source: 1411 QI Facts to Knock You Sideways) Isn’t that amazing?

What are you planning to do to exercise your muscles today? Strength training? Hiking? Cycling? Since it’s sunny I think I’ll hop on my bike after lunch, which I have to cook first so I have to get cracking otherwise my muscles will go on strike.

I want to give a shout-out to all Blendfriends who have a lot to deal with at the moment. I hope to ‘see’ you soon. Have a great Sunday everybody!

PS, I've been trying to attach an image but so far so not good.

Edit: Yaay! Success!

Edited