Thank you all for your help!

Hello everyone,

I do not post much but read regularly and I just want to thank you for changing my perspective on working out. This allowed me to take a step back when my body needed it and try a different approach, without feeling bad about it!

Some weeks ago I started having bad pain in both my knees. I am pretty sure I overdid it with that one, brutal HIIT workout I enjoyed so much (55 min HIIT with Daniel, I am looking at you). I still powered through the first week or so of Abs R2, until I had to admit that any jumping makes my knees much worse. It also turned out that "toning it down" while still continuing with the program did not really work for me at that point. I just wanted to give it 100 %.

I was unhappy with this, obviously. I felt really sorry for myself and like I was doomed to stop moving forever, and by my own fault. I felt like a failure.

Luckily, following the community over the last few months (and Kelli's advice on dealing with setbacks) made me look for a solution after only a few days of moping. I the end, I removed Abs R2 from the calender, scheduled the Flex Challenge instead and searched the community for recommendations for knee-friendly workouts for the off-days.

Around 5 weeks later, I am almost pain free and have started the Strong Challenge because it has minimal amounts of HIIT. I am still careful with the jumping, use lower weight for the lower body strength exercises and really, really focus on good form to build up some additional quad strength.

So, thanks for the practical tips, for the extremely positive space here, and for convincing me that it is perfectly fine if I never do a 55 min HIIT workout ever again :-)

Anja