Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

week 17 goal evaluation

It’s May, that means, evaluating last month's goals:

stay within the limits of my calorie allotment (1900 per day) 25/30 days. If I do go over, I want to keep it within TDEE (approximaly 2250). That goal failed in the first week or so. Then, half way through april I decided to do a “refeed” for 2 weeks because I’d hit a plateau in weight loss, staying at about 71 kg for a few weeks. I ate a bit more but ended up losing a little more weight (which is just a number, but still, I have a goal weight and want to get there…).

50k goal for the month on Strava: fail.. I walked 38k with the intention of going for a walk.

New goals:

Back to eating at a slight deficit: 1900 calories per day. Going to try and stay within that range 25/30 days

I need to get back to healthy snacking to prevent me from eating too much at lunch. So, extra goal: Eat a minimum of 2 pieces of fruit per day, 25/31 days

This month also has a 50k goal on strava, so I’m giving that another shot as well. May has 5 mondays, I have one walking date planned. If I add 2 more days on my own and walk 10 k on those days, I reach 50 k with those days and 4 days of walking to work (today is 1/4).

I’ve tried pushing up into a handstand. While I don’t have the power/flexibility to kick my legs up yet, I am more confident in my arms holding me.. I also walked up into a handstand in between walls, but that was a day after and UB workout, which made it a bit more difficult.

My test was negative, but I do still have a bit of a -productive- cough, so I am doing BE as hard as I can.. Listening to my body, pushing as hard as possible. Week 3: muscle and cardiovasculair burnout: my favourite way to train, strength cardio.. I am going to lift as heavy as possible, today I squated an entire 45 second interval with 20 pounds/9kg per hand!!

This week I am going to cut up lots of veggies and prep some fruit to take with me as a snack. I will go through the meal plan to get some ideas for snacks and perhaps follow a few days with breakfast and lunch as well.. We’ll see what I feel like foodwise.

Do you have any monthly or weekly goals you want to work on? Any quarterly goals you need to evaluate next month and that you are still working on? Are your plans “sort of” or do you really make an effort to stick to it, and if you do: how do you do that?? Let me know.