Starting at square one, again …

Note: Through all of this, I am blessed. πŸ’•

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

I am so wanting a new set of lungs!

I was in the process of recovery, but, ended up in a downward spiral. My oxygen saturation is dipping into the low 80s again with minimal exertion. Mind you, I just completed a 20-day course of prednisone and a 30-day course of antibiotics.

I saw my pulmonologist the other day. I dipped into the 80s while in the waiting room, but they did nothing. It was very odd. I was turning bright red. All the pulmonologist said was β€œwe can continue the steroids and antibiotics.” And, the β€œyou need to continuing losing weight.” It was quite discouraging.

I had lost 25 pounds between May and December last year, but ended up putting that, + 10, back on. I actually gained almost 20 pounds between April 5th and May 1st of this year. It is probably from those steroids (water weight), but still. πŸ˜”

I feel as though I am starting at day 1 (which is where I was May 1st, after last year’s hospitalization). I pushed through a 20-minute stretching routine last night (for me, it was a workout, and was totally not relaxing).

I started out yesterday with water and lemon. I then ate a sensible lunch and dinner. Today, I had a smallish lunch and small dinner. When you are having difficulty breathing, you just do not feel like eating. (hey, this could be a weight-loss plan). πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ

I have been tested for allergies numerous times, and am apparently not sensitive/allergic to pollen.

I am trying to be kind to myself, while keeping an eye towards health. It sure is not going to be easy. But, it will be worth it.

Here’s to a healthy me (again). πŸŽ‰