M
Posted in: Workouts / Goal Setting

Incorporate running in training?

Hey everyone,

I read this fb article the other day https://www.fitnessblender.com/articles/fast-twitch-versus-slow-twitch-muscles-10-facts-about-muscle-fiber-types-and-how-to-train-each

It talks about fast twitch and slow twitch muscles and says that through hiit you train fast twichted muscles which are responsible for power outbursts which K&D mentione quite often with regards to the benefits of hiit. However, to my understanding slow twitch muscles are mostly build through endurance workouts such as running. I know all of the fb programs balance out hiit with more steady cardio like kickboxing or bodyweight cardio but they are always intervals eg. 45sec on 15off. Therefore, I was wondering should I incorporate running in my training to build up my slow twitch muscles or from a fitness viewpoint can hiit and other fb cardio give me the endurance levels that running could provide?

I know as much or even more important is if I actually enjoy this training style so I will defenitely just try it out and check how it makes me feel but I was curious about the fitness/ biological aspect of it. If you have soe insights or experiences on this I'm happy to hear about it!