Weekend 👻 check-in: Saturday May 1st

Hello dear blenders! How are you doing today? Is the weekend treating you well?

For us here it’s a 3 day weekend because of Labour day. This public holiday is very dear to me. Because it reminds me of our previous generations’ hard work, activism and sacrifice that made it possible for us to enjoy an 8-hr working day. But it also reminds me of the reality that not everyone on earth are getting this basic human right, child labour is still a thing. As humans we have still a long way to go. But I have faith. Progress is always made by good, hard working people.

Ok, enough with my unionist academic soul talking! Let’s get to the business. How is the workout today? Are you jumping hard with HIIT? Or is it a heavy lifting day? Or maybe you are enjoying a rest day. I am just chilling today.

And what’s cooking in your kitchen? Are you making something special? I decided to take the day off. Husband cooked both the meals. If you can call boiling pasta and mixing with existing bolognese or making sandwiches as cooking! I am just happy that I haven’t gone to kitchen today! Some days are best spent this way.

The photo is of my pet-in-law Karl Slussarenko. Karl was rescued by my mother-in-law some years ago when he was very small, dying outside in cold. He survived after a lot of effort, but he never learned to live in the wild. So, now they have an adult crow living inside an apartment and playing with the cat-in-law all day. Btw, that book he is reading is actually his book! My artist mother-in-law illustrated and wrote this children book inspired by him. The book even got an award somewhere. A domestic crow with an award winning book named and based on him! How cool is that?! 😃

And with that, I will take your leave. Thank you for checking-in with me. Have a great day you all!

***Note: These Daily Check-in posts are open to anyone and everyone who wishes to participate! All are welcome here! These check-ins are a way to stay motivated, accountable, and be supported as we all try to be our healthiest selves. Feel free to pop in and say 'hi' anytime, and post as much or as little as you wish! No prerequisites here! Feel free to add photos if you want as well! Whether you need advice about working out/eating well/life in general, just want to comment, or maybe need support during a hardship--we're here for you! So: Welcome to the FB Family, and to the Daily Check-ins! We appreciate you being here!***

Edited